The village of Vers-Pont-du-Gard
It is 9 km from Uzes , 3 km from the Pont du Gard and near the Gorges du Gardon . The village of Vers Pont du Gard has been inhabited since prehistoric times. After the Romans , the construction of the current village began with a monastery with a few houses around the church . The village includes large stone quarries that are exploited long ( they were used to build the Roman Pont du Gard ) . The economy of the village is mainly wine and industrial ( exploitation of stone quarries ) and a number of stone -related artisans settled in Vers. The bed &breakfast and cottages “à gauche du Pont “ are located near to the village center and a few hundred meters from the road of the remains.
– St. Pierre chapel (outside)
– The stone quarries
– Prehistoric grottos (Balauzière, Salpétrière)
– The church (wall paintings, statues, paintings)
– The clock tower
– Other remains related to the Roman aqueduct
– St Privat chapel, 12th century, Renaissance, 17th and 18th centuries
– Aqueduct walking circuit
– PR (short sign posted walk) near the village
– Path of stations of the cross
– The august village festival.
– The Vers-Pont-Du-Gard market on Saturday morning
“à gauche du Pont” Bed & Breakfast with pool Uzès
Welcome to Uzège!